These are just a few of the reasons that over 98% of our recent travelers would recommend a SVI vacation to a friend. Disney’s operating income increased in the fourth quarter due to higher attendance, higher average ticket prices and increased guest spending at the Disneyland resort. Sales of the new Disney Vacation Club Villas at the Disneyland Hotel also helped boost income.
- The Walt Disney World resort continues to experience a “lapping effect” with lower numbers following the conclusion of the 50th anniversary celebration that brought big crowds to the Florida theme parks.
- Take time to choose destinations that have enough of the activities and sites you’d love to explore while vacationing.
- The trip begins in Nairobi, where travelers will be transferred to a quaint guesthouse for an orientation dinner and their first group meeting.
- The trip includes game drives, safari walks, village visits, and a behind-the-scenes exploration of a rare chimpanzee sanctuary, making the expedition truly one of a kind.
- Vacationing can expose you to the triggers that led to the drug and alcohol abuse problem.
- Theme parks can provide entertainment for a whole day – or even more – reducing the stress of finding activities to fill your time while you’re on vacation.
- The reserve is home to the largest population of black rhino in East Africa and the only two northern white rhinoceros remaining in the world.
On day 7, the group will journey into the plains on a full-day safari, enjoying a picnic lunch in the bush. They will gain an understanding of natural life in the African wild, with the possibility of witnessing Africa’s great migration. The trail is not difficult, and the views and adventure are constant throughout the day.
See Disneyland Jungle Cruise boat towed to safety — and the skipper never misses a joke
On the other hand, if you live in a hot environment, you may find that colder weather is just what you need to stay sober. From beaches to mountains, there is a destination perfect for newly sober you. Whether you’re looking for a relaxing getaway or an adventure – there are endless options; these spots offer plenty to do without any boozy temptations. Join us for our next Sober Fiesta at Iberostar Paraiso Lindo in Riviera Maya, Mexico – your ultimate escape! At Sober Fiesta 2024 (or “Sober Siesta” if you prefer), indulge in an all-inclusive experience with like-minded Sober Travelers.
It is, therefore, possible that you may fail to engage your physical self in activities that could reduce stress and prevent the distress that often leads to temptations. Hiking, biking, or playing beach volleyball are some of the activities that could prove to be therapeutic sober vacations while you are on your sober vacation. You could visit Kuala Lumpur and see multiple sites in this growing metropolis. Alcohol is much easier to access in the capital with its multiple establishments that host people from various ethnic groups and cultures.
How to Avoid a Relapse While Vacationing
There are rehabilitation centers as well as AA and NA meetups which cater for the LGBT community. This article looks at some of the top sober destinations around the world, and how to avoid a relapse while you are vacationing. There are many reasons to avoid consuming alcohol, and if you want to visit places where drinking isn’t a cultural norm, Muslim-majority countries should be at the top of your list. Take adventure to new levels onboard Royal Caribbean’s Harmony of the Seas! Join SVI as we experience some of cruising boldest thrills that set a new standard for family vacations. Overlooking scenic Anaeho’omalu Bay, beachfront luxury awaits to greet you “Aloha!
Overnight accommodations are at Hotel La Casona de Yucay, a serene hacienda retreat surrounded by a magnificent mountain vista. On day three, we’ll explore the Rincón de la Vieja National Park, where we’ll encounter boiling hot mud springs, fumaroles, and plenty of birdlife. We may even spot spider monkeys with their long limbs and tails floating through the rainforest trees with ease. This may mean avoiding places where alcohol is prevalent, such as bars and nightclubs.
SET ON THE SUGAR SANDS OF GRACE BAY BEACH
Additionally, sober vacations can help you save money as you will not be spending money on alcohol or other substances. Finally, sober vacations can help you stay healthy and fit as you will be participating in activities rather than sitting around drinking. That’s all a bulwark against the equally robust uptick in distilleries, breweries, and wineries sober travelers find in the unlikeliest places.
- That usually includes options for people with even the most restrictive diets.
- Orlando is a great family destination with endless activities available at famous theme parks like Disney World, Universal Orlando Resort, and SeaWorld.
- “On the trips I organize, we do adventurous things, like windsurfing or hiking.” I started kayaking in early sobriety and try to sneak in an early morning paddle wherever I go.
- If you’re looking to avoid alcohol, Malaysia is the perfect destination for you.
Its stunning landscapes, vibrant culture, and rich history make it a must-visit destination for anyone looking to experience the best of what Brazil offers. Costa Rica is another exciting destination that is popular with tourists from America. There are even luxury rehab centers situated here that take advantage of the exotic sites to provide recovering addicts with a serene and therapeutic environment.
Make sure the destination has plenty of restaurants and bars that cater to sober lifestyles.
On the first day of the trip, we’ll meet you upon arrival in Costa Rica’s western province of Guanacaste and take you to our eco-lodge at the foot of the Rincon de la Vieja Volcano. We’ll use this time to introduce you to your co-explorers, guides and facilitators, and to prepare you for the journey https://ecosoberhouse.com/ ahead. The Costa Rica Exploration and Discovery Trip is an incredible journey that combines exploration, personal discovery, adventure and relaxation. This trip takes place in the beautiful country of Costa Rica, which is known for its natural beauty, lush rainforests, and stunning coastline.
On day six, we return by bus to Machu Picchu to explore the central elements of these fascinating ruins. An optional hike to Huayna Picchu is also available, which takes us along a stone pathway that rises nearly 1,000 feet above Machu Picchu. After returning to Aguas Calientes in the afternoon travelers are free to explore the eateries and shops in the town center before convening for a meal at a local restaurant and an evening meeting. Instead, opt for destinations that offer sober activities and attractions, such as museums, hiking trails, and beaches.